LNCtips.com: Types of In-House LNC Positions
In-house Legal Nurse Consultants review and analyze medical records, assist with strategy development, interview clients, create reports, and assist with deposition and trial preparation.
Law firms may be the biggest employer of in-house LNCs but other settings that hire Legal Nurse Consultants are:
* Government offices (to investigate Medicare fraud, for example)
* Insurance companies (as insurance adjustors)
* Hospital risk management departments
* Corporate risk management (in large physician practice offices, for example, to oversee risk programs and liaison with attorneys)
* Forensic environments (to investigate domestic violence, for example)